Trump Blasts White House Ballroom Critics as ‘Disloyal’ as Legal Fight Heads Toward Supreme Court

[Photo Credit: By The White House - https://www.flickr.com/photos/202101414@N05/55449063695/, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=196975539]

President Donald Trump fired back Monday at critics of his proposed White House ballroom, accusing those opposing the project of being “very disloyal” to the United States as his administration faces a looming court-imposed deadline to halt construction.

“The people that are opposing the ballroom are people that, in my opinion, are very disloyal to our country,” Trump told reporters from the Oval Office.

The president also praised the progress of the project, arguing that construction is moving faster than expected while remaining below its projected budget.

“And I think we’re doing well. I think we’re way ahead of schedule. We’re under budget. It’s going to be the most beautiful ballroom of its kind,” Trump said.

Trump also highlighted what he described as significant security improvements connected to the project, saying the ballroom includes “tremendous military protection.”

“It’s very safe,” Trump said.

The president insisted the project is not being undertaken for his personal benefit, instead portraying the ballroom as something that will serve future administrations.

“This is for future presidents. This isn’t for me,” Trump said, calling the ballroom “a gift” to the country.

The Washington Post reported last week that the ballroom could cost at least $900 billion if the project is ultimately completed.

But the project is facing a major legal hurdle.

An appeals court has ordered the Trump administration to stop all work on the ballroom by Friday unless the Supreme Court intervenes and allows the overhaul to continue.

Attorney General Todd Blanche defended the administration’s position Sunday, arguing that Trump does not need to seek additional authorization from lawmakers before moving forward with the project.

“We don’t believe we have to go to Congress. We believe Congress has already given us the authority to do what we’re doing,” Blanche said during an appearance on “Fox News Sunday.”

Blanche said the administration is hoping the nation’s highest court will agree with its interpretation and allow construction to continue.

“We’re hopeful that the Supreme Court recognizes that so we can get the ballroom finished as soon as possible,” Blanche said.

The attorney general also argued that the project goes beyond simply providing a new ballroom at the White House, pointing to security upgrades that he said are tied to the construction.

“Remember, yes, it is a ballroom, but it’s also a meaningful upgrade and necessary part of the security of this city and the security of the president and his family,” Blanche said.

The Supreme Court could now determine whether Trump’s ambitious White House project is allowed to continue or whether construction will be forced to come to a halt by Friday.