Trump Vows ‘Most Severe’ Punishment for Nancy Guthrie’s Kidnappers if She Is Not Found Alive

[Photo Credit: By The White House - https://www.flickr.com/photos/202101414@N05/54906373908/, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=177952808]

President Donald Trump is sending a clear message to those responsible for the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie: if the 84-year-old grandmother is not found alive, the consequences will be “very, very severe.”

In a phone call with The New York Post on Monday, Trump addressed the ongoing search for the mother of Today show anchor Savannah Guthrie, who was abducted from her Tucson, Arizona, home as she slept on Sunday, Feb. 1. The president said those responsible would face the harshest penalties available under the law if she is not returned safely.

When asked whether that meant he would urge the Justice Department to pursue the death penalty, Trump responded, “The most, yeah — that’s true.”

The president’s comments come as the investigation enters its third week with no arrests and no identified suspects, intensifying public concern and heartbreak for the Guthrie family.

Savannah Guthrie marked the somber milestone with a video message posted to social media, expressing continued hope that her mother will return home safely.

“We still have hope and we still believe,” she said.

In a direct appeal to those who may have taken her mother or who have information about her whereabouts, Guthrie added: “And I wanted to say to whoever has her or knows where she is that it’s never too late… you’re not lost or alone. And it is never too late to do the right thing.”

Investigators continue to search for clues. Over the weekend, authorities revealed that a glove discovered approximately two miles from Guthrie’s home is being examined for DNA evidence. Officials have not yet disclosed whether the item is connected to the case.

Last week, FBI Director Kash Patel released images and video of a masked “potential subject” seen moving around Nancy Guthrie’s front porch. According to Patel, the footage was obtained from a surveillance camera that had previously been inaccessible.

Despite the release of the images, law enforcement has made little visible progress. No arrests have been announced, and no suspects have been publicly identified.

The case has drawn national attention, not only because of Savannah Guthrie’s prominence as a television anchor, but also due to the disturbing circumstances surrounding the disappearance of an elderly woman from her own home.

Trump’s pledge to seek the “most severe” punishment reflects the gravity with which the administration is treating the case. While the Justice Department ultimately determines prosecutorial decisions, the president made clear that, in his view, those responsible should face the strongest penalties available if Nancy Guthrie is not found alive.

As federal and local authorities continue their search, the Guthrie family remains hopeful. But with each passing day, pressure is mounting on investigators to deliver answers in a case that has shaken a community and captured the nation’s attention.

[READ MORE: Massie Criticizes Bondi’s Epstein Testimony, Says Garland ‘Performed Better’]