Trump DOJ Could Take Voter Roll Fight to Supreme Court, Blanche Says

[Photo Credit: By Gage Skidmore - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/54817708751/, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=175752593]

Attorney General Todd Blanche said Sunday that the Trump administration could take its ongoing battle over state voter rolls all the way to the Supreme Court, defending the Justice Department’s efforts as a matter of election integrity.

During an appearance on NBC News’ “Meet the Press,” host Kristen Welker asked Blanche whether the administration could turn to the nation’s highest court after suffering multiple legal setbacks in its attempts to obtain sensitive voter information from states.

“Absolutely it’s a possibility,” Blanche said.

The attorney general pointed to President Donald Trump’s campaign focus on election integrity, arguing that Americans should support efforts to make sure elections are conducted fairly.

“Election integrity is something that President Trump ran on. And the American people elected him,” Blanche told Welker.

Blanche pushed back against criticism of the Justice Department’s efforts, saying investigating election-related issues should not be viewed as something the federal government needs to avoid.

“It’s something that every American should care about,” Blanche said.

He added that the Justice Department’s efforts to investigate elections and make sure they are “fair” and “conducted the right way” are something officials should be “running right towards,” rather than running away from.

The Justice Department has filed lawsuits against multiple states after they declined to turn over sensitive, private voter data requested by the federal government.

But the administration has faced setbacks in court, recently losing multiple cases connected to its efforts to obtain that voter information.

The legal battles are unfolding ahead of the 2026 midterm elections, which could have major consequences for Trump’s presidency if Democrats capture control of either chamber of Congress — or both. Democrats currently appear poised to potentially do so.

The voter roll fight also comes as Trump continues to raise concerns about American elections.

Last month, the president revived accusations surrounding the 2020 election while declassifying some documents and alleging that elections in the United States remained insecure. Democrats quickly rejected Trump’s claims.

Trump also addressed the issue during a primetime speech, saying the U.S. intelligence community failed to raise concerns as China accessed American voter rolls.

The president insisted that releasing the information was intended to strengthen public confidence in elections rather than undermine it.

“Our purpose in disclosing this information is not to weaken confidence in elections, but to earn that confidence by confronting vulnerabilities and correcting them very, very quickly,” Trump said from the White House.

With the Justice Department continuing its push for voter data and courts rejecting some of those efforts, Blanche made clear Sunday that the administration is not ruling out asking the Supreme Court to intervene in the dispute.

[READ MORE: Trump Says America Will Declare Strait of Hormuz American Territory]